The mission of the Cal Poly Pride Faculty Staff Association (PFSA) is to empower and enhance the voices, visibility, presence, and community of faculty, staff, and graduate students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. The PFSA aims to create a safe and inclusive campus climate and advocate for justice, safety, wellbeing, and equity for all. The PFSA is committed to promoting education, awareness, and advocacy for/of the LGBT+ community within the Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo community. The PFSA recognizes the critical value of diverse perspectives, lives, and identities in enriching the university and working towards social justice.
- The PFSA welcomes, celebrates, and supports individuals of all races, ethnicities, languages, religious or spiritual beliefs, ages, dis/abilities, socio-economic status/class, marital status, military status, and documentation status.
- The PFSA aims to dismantle power differentials within the LGBT+ community itself; the PFSA intends to lift up the voices of individuals all marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions, including, but not limited to, bisexual, transgender, gender nonconforming, gender nonbinary, pansexual, and asexual peoples.
- The PFSA intends to deconstruct the gender binary and does not discriminate based on gender expression including, but not limited to, femme, butch, androgynous, transgender, genderqueer, bi/pangender, genderless, and gender fluid expressions.
- The PFSA welcomes allies and individuals at any place on the spectrum of being “out.” The PFSA recognizes the complexities of being “out,” does not require that individuals be “out” in any capacity, and welcomes all individuals who are questioning.
- The PFSA accepts and celebrates individuals in all types of families and relationships. Partners, including multiple partners, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression are welcome to all events.
For more information email email@example.com or reach out to one of the 2019-20 Cabinet Members:
School of Education
Elementary Mathematics Education
School of Education
Student Services Coordinator
Student Support, Success, & Retention
Pride Center Liaison
University Advising/Mustang Success Center
Outreach & Marketing